Training the local private sector in
Simple, Market based, Affordable, and Repairable Technologies
The SMART Centre Group
Innovations at SMART Symposium
Some 24 people from 6 countries participated in the SMART symposium of November 2018 in Mzuzu, Malawi.
A large number of innovative, low-cost WASH technologies and approaches were demonstrated and several participants said: "this is a real eye opener !". Presentations included:
- The Jacana method from Zambia by SMART Centre Zambia
- Smart water solutions for agriculture, by SNV in Kenya.
- Faith & Water and Well clubs, by SMART Centre Malawi
- "Uility approach" with water filters, Ethiopia
- Self-supply experiences by Sally SuttonA report and pictures of the Symposium can be accessed here. The specific presentations can also be shared via; info(at)smartcentregroup.com
SMART Symposium in Malawi November 13 – 16In November 2018, MetaMeta, Aqua for All, SNV and the SMART Centres will organise the SMART Symposium to share lessons learnt in WASH and rural development from the past 25 years. In this period over 10 million people have benefited from SMARTechs. Read More
Interested to support or join?