Wire-brick cement tank of 2000 litres.
Training in the production of a Wire-brick cement tank at the SMART Centre Mzuzu
These tanks are made with wire, bricks and cement. No steel reinforcement is used.
Advantages compared to ferro cement tanks
- – 20-40% cheaper
- – Simpler in construction
- – Produced with local materials
- – Same strength
Disadvantages compared to ferro cement tanks
- Wire-brick cement tanks can have volumes of 0.5 to 50 cubic meters
- Materials needed are 1 kg of 2 mm wire, bricks and 1 bag cement per cubic metre.
- Cost: 40- 60 US$ (tank 2000 litres)
- Producers: Info at all SMART Centres